Tuesday 3 September 2013

Christmas Carousel

I have decided to enter this Christmas carousel into the 


The purpose of the challenge is to Create a project with a gift on it such that it can be removed (detached) without affecting your creation OR create a project where your creation is not only a means to wishing people but it is a gift in itself. 

I think that my Christmas carousel fits this theme as underneath the carousel is a hidden gift which can be removed completely, without affecting the main creation.  You can eat the contents and then put the insert back inside with no-one knowing about it.


I started off with first creating the base of the carousel and worked my way up from the bottom.  Once the base was complete, I then inserted straws which were covered with ribbon and attached 'christmassy things' around the carousel.  I put snowflake brads round the bottom of the base and used blue glitter paper to bring a bit of sparkle.  I then created the top of the carousel by creating a sort of pyramid of white glitter paper with white snowflakes around the roof.  I then used silver rope stick ons round the bottom of the carousel roof.  I used silver mirri card round the bottom of the roof in order to hide the workings of the top of the inside roof of the carousel.  Once this was completed, I then attached Christmas lights round the outside of the mirri card.  These were attached with clear thread and they were intermittently spread out with crystals and lights.  To finish off the top of the roof, I attached long strings of blue pearls round the edge.



The bottom of the hidden part of the carousel had handmade biscuits put inside (not as many as was first made, as I had to try them out first. lol)  I then made a pink box with scalloped edges and used the inside of packaging to put inside handmade chocoloates, this was finished off with a pink ribbon.  I also put in a purple heart which says, 'I love you'.








6 comments:

Wendy L said...

Brilliant idea Jen, looks gorgeous and yummy too. xxx

Nikita A said...

Wow, Jen!! The carousel is amazing!!! It's made so well!! Plus I love the yummy goodies inside! :D :D

Thanks for playing along at BGC #38!
Love,
Nikita. :)

Unknown said...

Well Jen this is beautiful and a hidden extra too. You have crafted it beautifully, so talented.

Wilma x x x

PJ said...

Wow Jen that's cute :) love that .....it's beautiful

Colourful Hands said...

Jen this is sooo beautiful! loved how you have hidden the yums!
Thanks for playing along at BGC.
Hugs,
Shafaq.

Jennifer said...

test
FoodandCrafts