Monday 12 August 2013

Happy Anniversary

Hi everyone, I have just finished another Spellbinders card.  I used the 5 x 7 Elegant Labels 4.  I didn't do anything fancy with it, I just used the die as it comes and turned the smaller die horizontal so that I could put a blue ribbon across the card.

I used the Embossilicious embossing folder Regency Swirl on the background of the card.  I then put the first two parts of the die onto the card and the third part of the die was put onto sticky foam to lift it and give it some height.  The smaller of the die was used to have a ribbon put through it, with a smaller die being used to have 'With love' being stamped on the top.

I then put 4 white pearls at each corner of the card, created a double bow and put on a blue coloured dazzler with 2 stick pins.  To finish off the card, due to the size of the card, I cut a separate piece of card, punched 2 corners of the card and die cut the words, 'Congratulations on Your Wedding Anniversary'.  I felt that the card was too busy and ornate to have the sentiment put directly onto the card, and this is why I cut a separate piece of card to accommodate the sentiment.

I punched a small hole at the top right hand corner of the card and put through a piece of blue twine, I then added the sentiment card so that it could be either put inside the card or put on the outside of the card.  Whatever the recipient wants to do with it.

I hope that you like my card, this hasn't been made for anyone in particular, I just like to have cards like this to hand in case I forget someone.











4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Jen, love these dies and embossing folder. White on white is so lovely on a card and the blue ribbon and sentiment adds the finishing touch. All together a beautiful card.

Wilma x x x

John Lockwood said...

Absolutely stunning jen I just love this card you've pulled another stunner

John xxx

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous Jen! It's alwaus great to have cards on hand when you need them. Whom ever gets this one will love it. Hugs my friend,
~Deb~

NanaConnie said...

Stunning, Jen, and so elegant!