Saturday 26 October 2013

Book card

I went to the SECC Christmas Craft Fair yesterday with my friend Dawn and it was like two children discovering Christmas, we really had a great time looking at everything that was there and having a good old 'chinwag'.   Our best time was when we were actually spending money to buy what we wanted to.
I got quite a few things and now that I have left the fair, I have remembered loads of other things that I wanted to get, oh well, there is always next year or the local craft shop!!

Anyway, onto my purchases which were a Spellbinders Labels Four die, I really wanted this die as there is a card on Christina Griffiths' blog - card-making-magic.com  which I wanted to make, so I was so pleased to have been able to get it.  I also bought a Card Stand die, so that I would be able to make my card stand up properly.

Here is the link for the actual card, you have to have Spellbinders Label Four in order to make this card.


As this was the first time that I tried this card out, I thought I would just go with white to see how it turned out.  I must admit, I was rather pleased with myself.


I created a small corsage for this side of the card and introduced a bit of colour with the pink tulips and roses.   I sprinkled the flowers with glamour dust just to give them a bit of sparkle. Christina sells corsages on her own site, however, you could try making your own as I did.  Not perfect but passable for my first try at doing a corsage.


Embossed sentiment 'Best Time of the Year', due to the flash and angle that I was trying to take the picture at, it didn't come out exactly as I would have hoped.  I used a silver plated butterfly and put a swirl at the bottom of the butterfly.  The butterfly is actually silver looking but it just didn't come out as well when photographed.


Down the centre of the card I used white seam binding and over the top I used a beautiful embellished ribbon of pearls, I also put a small piece of ribbon on top and a silver dazzler to finish off.

I do hope that you like my card.












6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Jen, another wonderful card. I tried to get a message to you as I was at the SECC yesterday too. Did not buy too much as it was so busy but it was great walking round all the stalls and I was able to have a chat with some of the demonstrators.

Good day out.

Wilma x x x

Patricia said...

Absolutely beautiful card, I love everything about it. Right up my street, your flowers are brilliant.
So glad you enjoyed SECC I had a great time as well. Did the same as you, bought things, but only a couple that were actually on my list!!!! I am going to Birmingham with my friend Elaine, sister Hazel (hazelsbasketsofjoy) and Kate (Culliesocks). Flying with only "hand baggage" so will still have to pay attention to what I buy.
Have a great weekend

Patricia xxx

DeE said...

Hi Jen, I loved this card but I found you via Christina's Blog as I was nosy & clicked on 'Klassy Keepsakes' as I was being nosy - now I know lol!!
I scrolled down & found your brilliant & unusual Exploding Box, it is so stunning! Can you please point me in the direction of "How to make this" please, I would be so grateful. Thank you & keep up your good work. I agree Christina is so inspirational but also expensive - I always want what she has but can't afford it!! Though I too love the voile, so envious as I can't get to any shows - I'd have to fly back home to UK first. Take care & TFS. Dawn

NanaConnie said...

Stunningly beautiful, Jen! Love the flowers and that butterfly is just the perfect finishing touch. It feels so good to be back visiting again and I'll be around as often as I can while I'm still in the unpacking stage. :-D

Daria said...

Beautiful card, beautiful butterfly, beautiful papar... amazing!

Edwina said...

Jen, This card is so gorgeous! I love the elegance and beauty. Thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown