Friday 19 April 2013

Acetate Front Card

Good morning everyone, I am sorry that I haven't been around for a while, I have no excuse apart from the fact that I have been trying out different techniques for my cardmaking. I am going to enter this card into The Outlawz - GCC0429, this is the first card that I have entered for quite a while as I haven't been too good. I hope everyone likes it. Jen :-) I have been having a look online and have been spending the majority of my time on Card Making Magic, I just absolutely love this site and the tutorials that are available, here is the first card that I have tried out. It is the Acetate Front card, I know that this is the first time that I have tried this project, but I was quite pleased with the way that it turned out. Items used: A4 embossing folder, circular sentiment "With love", 3 pink roses, 1 diamonte, piece of self adhesive ribbon, 1 ribbon and 1 heart, 1 piece of acetate. I embossed the A4 folder and then cut it to size for the card,. then punched the bottom of the card with a Martha Stewart punch. I then die cut swirls to put on the card, attached the roses and the diamante and the sentiment with foam pads. I then cut out acetate to cover the whole of the card and ensured there was enough acetate to make it a bow shape to cover the roses and not "squash" them. An extra 1.5" was put onto the acetate at either side, I then stuck on the pink ribbon and I then stuck down one side of the acetate using Pinflair Glue and put on bulldog clips to hold it in place, I then glued down the other side using bulldog clips until it all dried. Once everything was dried I then stuck on my pink ribbon and pink heart. I do hope that you like my first trial run of my card.
 


5 comments:

Decosse's Dynamite Doodles said...

Wow Jen. Looks beautiful. I really like all that embossing. Also, thanks for sharing the link and all those great details.

Hugs,
Lisa

Rosy Newlun said...

Wonderfully elegant Jen!!!! <3 it :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.