Monday 17 June 2013

In the Red

Good morning blog buddies, I hope you all had a wonderful weekend.  My weekend was spent very quietly, doing a bit of crafting and sleeping.  Unfortunately, the sleepy sickness took over and I couldn't keep my eyes open, I absolutely hate it when that happens.

Anyway, we are on a new day and my eyes are open and I have just finished a new card.  This is one that I created using Spellbinders Nestabilities 5 x 7 Elegant Labels 4.  I just worked with this one die to see what I could come up with and this is how it turned out.


The photograph unfortunately looks as if the card is bevelled, but it isn't it is obviously just my photographic skills.  I tried taken the pic on numerous occasions, but it just kept coming out like this.  I matted the card on pearlescent card, red card and then pearlescent card.  I worked on a panel first before matting it onto the final piece of white pearlescent card.
I cut out two of the main frames of the die one in white and one in red.  I put the red one behind the white one just to create another level.  I the die-cut the full oval part of the die and stuck that down using foam pads, once I had done this, I cut out the inner oval and the outside frame part and stuck them down.  I then used the smaller piece to heat emboss Happy Birthday and 3 hearts, the colour of the embossing didn't work too well, so I will probably try out a different colour next time.  I attached ribbon round the two sides of the small panel.
I then stuck 4 pearls on each corner and attached a red ribbon (originally white, but dyed with red promarkers), and finished it off with a dazzler and two stick pins.





This is just to show the red frame behind the white frame closer.


Although the heat embossing did show up, I am not sure whether or not to leave it with this or to change the colour.  Any suggestions?


This picture is just to show the framing which I cut out (although not perfect), it is the first time that I have tried doing this.  So please let me off with this little indiscretion. lol









2 comments:

NanaConnie said...

Oooo, love the red and white combo, Jen! Beautiful lacy frames and that bow is to die for. :-D

Rosy Newlun said...

Jen - What a ravishing card! I just love how you layered those die cut papers!! The glitter, bow and pearl pins are total elegance!